Saturday, November 20, 2010

Good morning, winter.

Ah... the first snow of the season. What a wondrous thing. :)

While I'm sure I'll be sick of the snow and yearning for the first thaw of spring before January is half through, I do always enjoy the first snow. The child in me becomes instantly excited for the holidays... it conjures up thoughts of warm pumpkin pie and Christmas cookies, hot chocolate and "Rudolf the Red-Nosed Reindeer", and of decorating our Christmas tree. And what great timing, oh snow... the first day of Thanksgiving break. I do welcome this gift.

Yet as much as I would love nothing more than to stay at home and bake all day, it's off to another long day of orientation for the new job. But rest assured, in between filling my head with charting procedures and policies of the hospital, I'll certainly be thinking about all of that pumpkin bread I'll soon be baking...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...